Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Go Home and Eat Some Fiber

I'm just going to complain for a second about public transportation.

It's a great thing. As someone who doesn't have her license, the buses are a great way to get me to where I need to be on a fairly good time schedule.

But.

Some of the drivers of said buses are ridiculous to a crazy degree. They can be rude or polite, slow or fast, and any other extreme that you could think of.

Today for example. I was on my express bus coming home from the U and this driver was just laying on the horn. These weren't mild taps, folks. These were holding down the horn and making rage gestures at the people he thought were blocking his path. I realize that buses are special and can get away with some traffic things that cars can't but holy crap. We were stuck in traffic and no one could go anywhere and he was just honking this horn CONSTANTLY.

Then we got to a stop and someone pulled the cord and the driver just neglected to stop. He breezed right through it. Someone stood up and said that someone had pulled the cord for the stop and he yelled at the passenger like it was their fault he didn't hear the cord go off! Dude, who pissed in your oatmeal this morning? Settle down. And quit slamming on the breaks whilst going through a turn. Good thing I'm used to abrupt stops (thanks Buzz!) because otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd have hit my head on the person sitting in front of me.

Who knows. Maybe he just had an angry Joe Pesci in him and needed a Snickers.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously just about died laughing at the oatmeal comment.

    Blog friends forever!!!

    ReplyDelete