Thursday, January 30, 2014

A "TBT" of Sorts


So I was going through old horse show pictures because, for some reason, I'm shooting to knock this show season out of the park. I can't afford to go to many shows so the ones I want to go to are big ones for me.

Anyways...

While I was going through all these pictures, I had a moment where I was hit with such gratitude to my family, especially my Dad, Mom, Griffin, and my Grandma. They're been supporting me in this sport for the past 11 years and have never ever questioned why I do it. We're not a family that's had horses in the past, I'm the first one to get into showing and riding. My Mom was kinda freaked out by horses when I first started. My Dad gets frustrated when he can't figure out what the judges are looking for (don't worry Dad, I still can't figure it out half the time) and he's allergic to hay. My poor brother is allergic to hay and gets very bored with sitting around and waiting so every time he comes to a show he's absolutely miserable.

They don't really understand why I do it other than because I love horses and it makes me happy (and sometimes miserable). That's all they need to know.

We've never been a family that had the money to financially support my love of horses. I've never owned a horse or leased a horse. I've been blessed to show school horses and some of the wonderful clients' horses when the opportunity is offered. I've always worked very hard to be able to take lessons and split the show costs with my parents. The fact that they were willing to spend any money on this sport is just one of the many ways my parents are great. My Mom loves being the "show Mom" and doing my hair and helping me with my make-up. My Dad likes to harass me so I forget to be stressed out (granted, I get really irritable when he does this) and shoves cameras in my face. My brother is my foodie buddy at shows, and he likes to give horses treats and pet them.

They're at every show as long as it's in Minnesota. The times that I've gone out of state, they've always sent my numerous messages wishing me good luck and to call when I finish. Their never ending support means the world to me, as cliche as that sounds. My Mom filmed the screen of her laptop when I went to St. Louis since no one was there to film it in person. My Dad and Griffin like to film me at shows and do a commentary on the happenings. Everyone takes pictures at the shows so I have more than just the mental memories (sometimes I'd prefer it to stay as a mental memory). My Grandma is the supplier of treats and likes to look at horses (especially Buzz) and ask "What was that? What were you doing? Why did you do that?".

This is a very long winded way of me saying: my family is great and I love them lots.

Here, have some video and picture evidence:
Nice.
 

Because who WOULDN'T want to remember this train wreck? Thanks Dad!


My Bro took this picture. Dang, he's good. 
My Mom wins best 'Show Mom'.


Griff's favorite part of the show.

Where else are you going to get the true nitty gritty behind the scenes of a horse show? Donuts? It's pandemonium.

My family wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment