Sunday, February 1, 2015

London Calling...

So I've posted about it on Facebook but I'm going to post it here too:

I'm going to London.

As in London, England.

As in the United Kingdom.

Oh my God.

Well, I'm not going alone. A.J. and I will be having this adventure as a dynamic duo since there's NO way I'd be brave enough to go on my own. 

Let me give you some background information; I've wanted to go to England since before I can remember. I know it's really big cliche to claim to feel like you belong elsewhere when you've never been there but something about England has always had this glowing appeal to me. In my mind, even though I know it is absolutely preposterous, everything would be okay. How could I ever be bored in a city with so much of everything? So much history, a ton of entertainment, and an incomparable amount of food. I just feel like I'd be very happy there.
 I
So I'm going for a few weeks.

Mind you, a few of those days will be spent in one of the other greats- Ireland.

I mean, it's just a hop, skip, and a jump, right? If you're going to spend the money, better make it a good trip.

I've heard stories about how there's no greener country and the country girl in me is going to bask in just getting out of the cities and seeing some hills and the sea. I'm going to lay in a field and make a grass angel and just breathe. I'm really excited to explore around Dublin and just immerse myself in the culture for the days that we're there. We're also heading up to Belfast to see some of where Game of Thrones was filmed and...drum roll...the Titanic museum.

We already have an potential itinerary that includes many of the main hotspots in both countries including a trip to Harry Potter Studio in Watford. I'm giddy to buy some souvenirs from there (especially the Fizzing Wizzbees).

I'M JUST SO EXCITED. No exaggeration, it's keeping me up at night.

The tickets to and from have been purchased so it's a for real thing that will be happening for 17 days in October. 

I'm also absolutely frantic about having enough money for this excursion across the world. I still don't have a full time job or heath insurance or my own place to live so...that's hella stressful and probably one of the reason I'm really struggling to sleep at night.

(If you can't tell, I'm running on like no sleep. I just nap very frequently)

Everything will work out, right? Right.

Now I just need to get on getting a passport...





No comments:

Post a Comment